• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
1 How can u set a unit max life more. Ex: From 500\500 to 1000\1000 i could only put like u damage or heal but not to set unit max life, doesnt work.

2 Whats the string for order spell to condition: Issued order equal to Order (SPELL??). It worked when i puted not eqal to order: attack, move, smart, patrol.

3 Man when i create more then 1 custom abilities from the same model (EX: Thuderclap) the game comfuses the abilities and cast them both, it just cant make the diference.
For ability Footman: Spawn a Footman, Archer: Spawn a Archer.
I puted to give the abiitiy Footman and Both a footman and archer where crated and thats just wrong. How can i fix this? I used diferent costom abilities base models and it works but thats not good.

4. I sow if your map is higher then 6 mb or something u cant play in in Local Area Network, there is any way i can make to play higher file size maps?
My map was almost 7 mb and it said File size is to big or something, i deleted some of the imported units that i was not using to decrease size.

Level 1
1.If i understand correctly, you need to go to the object editor and go to the unit you want to increase the life of and go to the value that says 'Stats - Hit Points Maximum(base)'(it is near the bottom) and change it to what you want.
2.Also in the object editor(if i understand correctly) go to the abilities and under the value that says 'Text - order string - activate' and change that value to what ever you want the activation string to be.
3.Really not sure, would need to see the ability.
4. Not that i know, sorry

Level 3
1 How can u set a unit max life more. Ex: From 500\500 to 1000\1000 i could only put like u damage or heal but not to set unit max life, doesnt work.

2 Whats the string for order spell to condition: Issued order equal to Order (SPELL??). It worked when i puted not eqal to order: attack, move, smart, patrol.

3 Man when i create more then 1 custom abilities from the same model (EX: Thuderclap) the game comfuses the abilities and cast them both, it just cant make the diference.
For ability Footman: Spawn a Footman, Archer: Spawn a Archer.
I puted to give the abiitiy Footman and Both a footman and archer where crated and thats just wrong. How can i fix this? I used diferent costom abilities base models and it works but thats not good.

4. I sow if your map is higher then 6 mb or something u cant play in in Local Area Network, there is any way i can make to play higher file size maps?
My map was almost 7 mb and it said File size is to big or something, i deleted some of the imported units that i was not using to decrease size.

For number 1, Cateater is right.

2. dunno.

3. Thats how warcraft really is. you have to really change the ID of the spell. Only the "Channel" ability has the option of changing the Spell ID. You can't have 2 spells of the same ID on 1 unit.

4. dunno too.

Hope this helped. :p

Level 11
1.If i understand correctly, you need to go to the object editor and go to the unit you want to increase the life of and go to the value that says 'Stats - Hit Points Maximum(base)'(it is near the bottom) and change it to what you want.
2.Also in the object editor(if i understand correctly) go to the abilities and under the value that says 'Text - order string - activate' and change that value to what ever you want the activation string to be.
3.Really not sure, would need to see the ability.
4. Not that i know, sorry

Man tnx for reply but i have to say somehing:

1. How to change the unit max life FROM A TRIGGER!!!!!(trigger not object editor i know that wtf.)
O and also i dld MPQ EDITOR(PENDING) and try to ad a new category of units but it didnt worked. LIKE UNITS>CASTLE>Footman, Archer....

Level 11
1. Man i tryed that think with the increase the unit max life from a trigger and it didnt worked i set the unit name in jass but nothing happened.
Can somebody tell exacly how can u increase a unit MAX: Life, Mana, Armour, Damage. ( FROM A TRIGGER)

2. Can u enable attack1 or attack2 from a trigger to a unit?

3. Lets take the spell dispel magic. U click the ability button and then u have to select an area to cast the spell. Now my question: Can u set some actions to happend right after u clicked the ability button, while u select the area to cast the spell. while u have to place the area. I tryed with spell channel but it doesnt work.

Level 19
1. Man i tryed that think with the increase the unit max life from a trigger and it didnt worked i set the unit name in jass but nothing happened.
Can somebody tell exacly how can u increase a unit MAX: Life, Mana, Armour, Damage. ( FROM A TRIGGER)

2. Can u enable attack1 or attack2 from a trigger to a unit?

3. Lets take the spell dispel magic. U click the ability button and then u have to select an area to cast the spell. Now my question: Can u set some actions to happend right after u clicked the ability button, while u select the area to cast the spell. while u have to place the area. I tryed with spell channel but it doesnt work.

1. Increasing unit max life via trigger(s) can be done with the item-ability that manual of health uses, or just create and add tomes for the unit when some actions is triggered

2. If the unit(s) does not have the animation, they can't perform it. And, no you can't add animations to a unit, but you can make a unit to be unable to perform a specified animation (No sure).

3. Target-Ground abilities can't be used in this way. You can perform the action with instant-spell like "Channel" and use a trigger to target the area where the ability should be cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.