• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Question Regarding Game Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I want to know a little thing about the Game Cache for my campaign.

- You can controll one hero in my campaign at the same time but there might be more then 3 heroes playable.
To select between these 3 heroes I made save points in my campaign that allow you to change heroes.

My question is:
Let's say they are saved on a Game Cache ingame and then the player decides to save the game, exit wc3 and shut down the computer.
The next day he starts his pc, starts wc3 and loads the game, when he enters a Save Point, will he be able to load back the heroes from the Game Cache that were saved last game?

Level 8
well you have to create game cache first.
then to store your hero.
and save game cache.
then when you are trying to restore hero from game cache you need a command for that.
like:
Player types Restore_My_Hero as an exact match

then you need an action that restores your hero.
but you need to type exact values like you did when you've storing your hero.

of course you have to set your hero as a variable.
i hope that is enough...

Level 17
Still having a small question, if I use a game cache not to save heroes from one map to the next but also inside the map.
To put it simple:

1) The guy saves a unit halfway through the game (rpg) on a save point, when it's lvl 10.

2) The guy loads a early save, that actualy saved his char at 25% of the game thus its at lvl 5 instaid lvl 10.

3) It's the same map, so it uses the same game-cache. I know that when you save a game cache for next map you need to create a new game cache for that next map.

4) Will the game cache that got saved at 50% of the map overwrite the game cache used in the older save file at 25%? Making him able to cheat the game eventualy?

Level 8
you can load hero for the same map...
and you can always use trigger:
Hero - Set hero-level of (your hero) to (hero-level of (your hero)/2)

Note: Bold = integer
Note: You know, I presume how to do that...
Note: It's not hard, I know, it's hard to remember... xexexe smily

Status
Not open for further replies.