• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question on Spell Animations/Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, so I've scanned the forum results and I've yet to find anything. I've created a few custom spells based off the originals that do not use triggers, but they retain small effects from the spells they are based off.

For instance, I created a spell from the Frost Nova spell, but it still turns the target blue. I also based another spell off the Avatar spell, and again it still makes the caster grow big. Is there any way to get rid of these issues?

Second, is there a way to add attributes (Area of Effect Damage, Specific Target Damage, Amount Healed, etc) to spells? So far, I've had to base spells off an original spell that already has the attributes I need, and this is slightly problematic for the more complicated spells.

I realize that I could just make a trigger to work with the spell, but is there any way to fix these issues without doing that?

Level 4
I ended up just using triggers for the more complicated spells. Now comes the difficulty of working with triggers... and too bad WC3's triggers aren't anything like Starcraft's triggers.

Thanks though.

Level 19
1- make durations 0.1 seconds (there is no way to get rid of them)

2- With Triggers only (attributes are integers so you need to chose convert integer to real first to make these kind of things)

Additional Information: Starcraft's world editor was only allowing some cinematics etc. Warcraft 3's allows you almost everything (we could make a fps if we were able to set location of mause and detect it quicker)

Level 4
Just a quick update, I've managed to effectively create the more complicated spells using triggers. Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, and Starcraft's editor was quite impressive for it's time but Warcraft's editor is almost like a compiler; you can do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.