• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question: Number of Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a Naruto map and I was wondering, is it better to make 15-20 spells for a single character, or 3-4 signature spells (spells which represent the character)?

To make it more simple, here is an example:

Naruto Uzumaki Sage Mode
Option 1:
Rasengan (Spiraling Sphere)
Odama Rasengan (Big Spiraling Sphere)
Rasenrengan (Spiraling Sphere Barrage)
Fuuton: Rasenshuriken (charge)
Fuuton: Rasenshuriken (throw)
Kage Bunshin No Jutsu (Shadow Clones)
Tajuu Kage Bunshin No Jutsu (Many Shadow Clones)
Kuchiyose No Jutsu: Gamabunta (Summoning: Toad Boss)
Kage Bunshin Rasengan (Shadow Clone with Spiraling Sphere)
Kage Bunshin Odama Rasengan (Shadow Clone with Big Spiraling Sphere)
Kage Bunshin Rasenrengan (Shadow Clone with Spiraling Sphere Barrage)
Sanninmodo Attack (Sage Mode Attack)
Kyuubi Mode (Nine Tailed Fox Mode)

Option 2:
Rasenrengan (Spiraling Sphere Barrage)
Fuuton Rasenshuriken (throw)
Kyuubi Mode (Nine Tailed Fox Mode)

Level 33
Limit the spell (4 per units).
You see, in a fast-paced game such as Naruto, it needs a quick-thinking and spellcasting as much as you can, if you give the unit like 15~20 spells, do you think the players would have the thought to use them all at once without thinking ?
It would be more strategic if you let a unit owns only 4 spells, because 15 ~ 20 is an overkill for a fast-paced game especially maps like Naruto (PvP-type game).

You have a max of 6 spells without spell book. In 1 spell book, you can have 11 spells.

So, for pratical ways, i think 5 spells without spell book or 10 spells with spell book.

As defskull said, having too many spells makes the game complicated to play, and if it's too complicated, people won't like the map. If you have 10 spells, i think most of the users will just use a few spells (2-3 for beginners, 5-6 for experienced guys) / With 6 spells or less (i think 5 is the best if you want to have some diversity in spells and more options), people will use all the spells, or nearly all the spells.

Imo, having 4 or 5 spells are the best. Less than 3 is just boring and more of 6 makes the hero hard to play fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.