• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Waits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello there hive! I just came up with an idea about to create a new, 100% own map. A map like LOAP (Life of a Peasant). I might request something but apart from that I'll create the map all by myself. (Yeah I know, it'll be hard as hell but I'll give it a try)

So, back to topic, I have some questions about Waits.
1. Is it dangerous to use waits in a function like this?:
  • Tree Dies
    • Events
      • Destructible - A destructible within Tree Region 1 <gen> dies
      • Destructible - A destructible within Tree Region 2 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
      • (Destructible-type of (Dying destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
    • Actions
      • Wait 60.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Resurrect (Dying destructible) with (Max life of (Dying destructible)) life and Show birth animation
2. Is there a max cap of how many waits i can use?

3. How many waits is I recomended to use?

4. How big is the chance that, for example in the trigger I pasted above, that a tree doesn't respawn if I use a 60 second wait?

Yeah, I know that I shouldn't use waits but I dont want to create my own wait system because when multiple triggers is involved I need to do it MI (Multi Instanceability). Not in every case, but in some.

Please answer those questions and please correct me if I'm wrong about the thing I wrote above.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
- Tom

Level 37
1. Is it dangerous to use waits in a function like this?

Basically no. The only problems that could occur are that you are not using a local event response and that the object doesn't exist anymore.

For example, units disappear from the game after about 90 seconds. After that you can't reference them anymore with triggering unit event response or anything else for that matter. So don't use too long wait.

Dying destructible is a local event response.

2. Is there a max cap of how many waits i can use?

Not sure. Even if there is, you're unlikely to reach it.

3. How many waits is I recomended to use?

I don't think it really matters.

4. How big is the chance that, for example in the trigger I pasted above, that a tree doesn't respawn if I use a 60 second wait?

Not sure, either 0% or 100% depending on how quickly dead destructibles are removed from the game.

Level 11
Maker, okay, so I will be able to use waits. I will for sure avoid as much waits as I'm able to do. Still I'm not newb at triggers so I pretty much know what I do. I've tested the trigger I pasted in the main block and it worked properly. I've tried it MI and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.