• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Question about running triggers from others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Lets say i have a spell that creates a floating text at point of unit A then creates another floating text at unit B. Both texts fade and slide up, so:

• Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer(HealTicks[(Integer A)])))) at TempPt2 with Z offset 64.00, using font size 9.00, color (10.00%, 100.00%, 10.00%), and 0.00% transparency
  • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
  • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 42.00 towards 90.00 degrees
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
Thats my floating text commands. Lets say instead i do something like this:

• Set TempPt = (Position of Target[(Integer A)])
  • Set TempInt = (Integer(HealTicks[(Integer A)]))
  • Trigger - Run test2 <gen> (ignoring conditions)
and "test2" trigger had the above floating text code (except of course using the temp point and int defined and then removed point)

and again i ran this code twice for the two texts, meaning it would run "test2" twice with the different points and values etc.

Would there be any difference in setting variables and running a separate trigger twice compared to running the floating text code twice in the original trigger? (as in would it process the commands faster or slower?)

Level 25
From my experience it is better to have smaller amount of triggers so i avoid using trigger run action, i just copy those actions to merge the triggers.
My opinion though i think running a trigger is just an extra action which needs to be processed so it is slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.