• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about icons +2 rep to helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
In Warcraft 3 there are a lot of icons. Some of the icons doesn't have the "passive" look, only the "active" look.

I'd like to take some icons from Warcraft 3 that only has the "active" look and edit them to have the "passive" look.

What is my best option? Is there any tool which can be used to automatically do the editing work for me? Is there any way to access "passive" versions of all icons within Warcraft 3 by using the MPQ folder?

You answer, I rep.

Active
icons_16579_btn.jpg

Passive
icons_16579_pas.jpg

Level 18
If there is no passive icon available you will not be able to find them in the MPQ anyway.
There is no software that change an active icon to a passiv icon :)

Don't write +2rep to helpers in the title x).
We're a community to help so don't try to be attractive xD, we'll come to help you if we can !

Level 18
I was born attractive, can't help it.
Stating that I am going to reward whoever is willing to help me with this issue that I am having is not against the rules of THW.

I don't say you're against the rules xD
It's just a bit strange that someone put this in the title ^^
Anyway as i said before there is no software that can do it for you.
Maybe someone will want to make one but there is a problem : a software can't know how much black it has to fill near the edge of the icon.

Level 5
There are only a few icons that have both passive forms and active forms in war3 (like Storm Hammers, Elune's Blessing, Roar, Impaling Both,...). You just change its path, it will automatically become the other form
For example: Elune's Blessing:
Active form: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNElunesBlessing.blp
I want to make it become passive form!
Passive form: ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNElunesBlessing.blp
It is enough to make it become the other form ;))
These icons are often in Hidden Icons, you can find out them in here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...t-hidden-material-within-world-editor-6365/#1
But, however, most icons must be used MPQ to change its form

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.