• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Goblin Sappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to make the Demolition Squad from WC2, so I made a new custom unit based off the Goblin Sapper unit. I then made a new custom ability based off of Kaboom! and gave it to the Demolition Squad unit. Now, everything works fine up until the Demolition Squad detonates on a target; the damage is done and the squad dies, but there is no art effect. (No explosion.) I can't figure out why, however I did notice one thing. In the editor if you place both units, under the abilities tab of sappers it says N/A for initially on. For the Demolition Squad there is a box to check. I can't figure out why there is no art effect, can someone help?

Level 8
the problem is the goblin sapper explosion is an animation with the goblin sappers you need to have the unti model you used with this animation or trigger it

when unit dies
unit equal to (your unit type)
play special effect (whatever explosion you like best) when unit dies

hope it helps-insane llama

Status
Not open for further replies.