• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question about Bribe's Unit Event system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is it possible to use Bribe's Unit Event system to make the following ability?

Ability: When a unit reincarnates, it doubles its stats..

If so, how am I suppose to do that? .... I have been working on this for an hour and still no clue.... :vw_wtf:

Edit: it seems that I cannot add conditions to the system or maybe I did it in the wrong way
Edit: does the system support MUI?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I suppose that this is another part of a spell u wanna make in the previous thread right?
First, does ur spell based on Reincarnate or it is a custom spell? Because if it is based on Reincarnate, u will ruin the trigger that Doomlord have suggested in the previous thread. U should try revive the unit instead of basing the spell on Reincarnate.
Second, the Unit Event will detect resurrect and finished Reincarnate with the event DeathEvent equal to 2.00. Check if ur event is correct or not.

Level 11
I suppose that this is another part of a spell u wanna make in the previous thread right?
First, does ur spell based on Reincarnate or it is a custom spell? Because if it is based on Reincarnate, u will ruin the trigger that Doomlord have suggested in the previous thread. U should try revive the unit instead of basing the spell on Reincarnate.
Second, the Unit Event will detect resurrect and finished Reincarnate with the event DeathEvent equal to 2.00. Check if ur event is correct or not.

Thanks for the reply.
You are right. I would like to make the spell MUI, so Doomlord's method does not work. I don't know how to make it MUI coz I'm a noob. -_-

When using Bribe's unit event system, the problem is like this:
A died --> A revived based on reincarnate, but stats not doubled ---> A died again --> reived, stats doubled --> A died --> revived, stats not double ---> A died ---> A revived, stats doubled.... and so on.
PS: the revive is instant, I set the CD to 0 in reincarnate.

You see what I mean? A's stats doubled every other time. Is it because of the indexing system? I set add stats to this unit: UDexUnits[Udex]

@Malhorne, I will try that. :)

Update: I found out what caused the problem. if I set revive delay(DataA1) to 0 in Reincarnate, then the problem occurs; if I set revive delay to a certain value higher than 0, its works perfectly, stats are doubled every time.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Haha, u didnt say it clearly so he didnt notice. Also, he's new here so I dont think he can use it. :D. But since his summoned unit is Hero, it would be really easy to modify its stat.

Level 35
that's probably the best way i can think of doing it. if you wanted a spell that actually doubled the stats of any unit with the ability, you will almost definitely require another system for that, or a list of abilities that add percentage bonuses (and even then, there's no ability that adds a percentage bonus to health, defense or mana)

doesn't get much clearer than that
oh, and i also already posted up an actual solution, which was also ignored

definitely won't bother helping this one again, might even delete my solution to save him the time and effort of ignoring it

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
Since u say another system, why not also pointing out the link and the name of the system? :D.
But nevermind about that. His spell can be done perfectly without that system :D.
Also, try to calm down a bit :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.