• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question about anti mh tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
so you guys already know about it, that file that tells you when someone clicks on fog, that helps detect map hackers, now im curious about how it was made and what programs they used, any info is welcome thanks

They are usually just coded in a trigger and either obfuscated (so that someone won't think to change it) or they try to hide it as much as possible. Here is one, with some explanations on the techniques:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=97922

I'm sure there are a lot of others too. The fog protection basically has units in places on the map that aren't normally viewable. If someone hacks it to enable visibility, it'll reveal that point. You can then check if the unit is visible to the players, and crash wc3 or w/e.

Level 6
They are usually just coded in a trigger and either obfuscated (so that someone won't think to change it) or they try to hide it as much as possible. Here is one, with some explanations on the techniques:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=97922

I'm sure there are a lot of others too. The fog protection basically has units in places on the map that aren't normally viewable. If someone hacks it to enable visibility, it'll reveal that point. You can then check if the unit is visible to the players, and crash wc3 or w/e.

i meant a file .mix, that you put in your warcraft 3 folder (google anti mh tool), are we talking about the same thing? well maybe the are similar

Level 13
Purge is talking about a code that someone wrote to "stop" maphack.
You're talking about...I think a fog click detector? You should google it? I don't know why you would come to this forums to ask about one.

i meant a file .mix, that you put in your warcraft 3 folder (google anti mh tool), are we talking about the same thing? well maybe the are similar

Oh, I see. That tool doesn't prevent maphacks, but it allows players to report them/detect them when they are playing/watching a replay. Map hacks work by writing memory to game.dll. I'm guessing that the tool detects when memory is written in that way. It is usually written in C++.

I'll PM you with some more info, but this generally isn't the place for map hacks. You should try visiting a different forum for help on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.