• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

quest mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Make a trigger which creates a special effect.

• Quest Mark
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Peasant 0000 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set QuestMarkSPX = (Last created special effect)
And this trigger removes the quest mark:

• Finish Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Peasant 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuestMarkSPX
The QuestMarkSPX is a Special Effect type variable.

Level 8
Thank you very much, i was looking in the wrong place haha,Didn't think it was done via triggers.
thank you :p

anyway, if i use a variable will i be able to do it for multiple units at a time?
i want all questwielders to have one on them so that the player can see it, should i make a seperate variable for each and every one of them then?

Level 16
Use a variable array instead.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Peasant 0000 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set QuetMarkSPX[1] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Footman 0001 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set QuetMarkSPX[2] = (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Knight 0002 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set QuetMarkSPX[3] = (Last created special effect)

Status
Not open for further replies.