• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projectile that does not hit exact spot of attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible, without using a projectile system or having a trigger that fires too often (like when a unit attacks, as the would be many units attacking at once here and it would cause performance problems) to make it so a projectile does not hit the exact spot of attack and deals AoE damage in a small area around impact? Imagine a catapult with an attack AoE of 25 but whose attack can hit any area near the attack point.

With a channeled spell I can easily just order the unit to play its animation while spawning a dummy to do the actual attack in a small area but Id like it to be done as a regular attack.

Disease cloud spawned units do not count as summons and therefore I cannot use those to track it.

Also does using Orb of Lightning with a point target ability work when combined with an Artillery Attack type? Or maybe some sort of spell that count as a summon for the sake of triggers (eg it has refference to both Summoner and Summoned unit) and is cast when a unit attacks? As I said, disease cloud gave me no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.