• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Project: "Squads"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Fun Project: “Squads”

Idea prologue

Well the idea came about 2 to 3 years ago, when one of my friends was walking home. Suddenly it came into his mind that it would be cool to create a story of this elite troopers squad. He started drawing the very first sketches of the persons who were supposed to be in the squad. After finishing them, he showed them to another friend of mine and introduced to him his thoughts. His friend was interested in the idea and together they started expanding the idea of an elite squads in the future of mankind. Then the idea went into “sleep” phase and it stayed like that for about a year, when my friend told me (owner of this user) about the idea. I found it fascinating and encouraged him to take the story to next level and start doing actually something real. So now we have a working fun project.
Project team

• Owner of this user: Leader of project; Main writer; Main - Storyline creator; Co - Main idea – creator; Editor - (active)
• Creator of Main idea; Master of Art; Co - Main writer; Co - Main - Storyline creator; Editor - (active)
• Master of Grammar; Main Editor; Storyline creator; Beta reader; Writer – (active)
• Grammar checker; Editor; Beta reader(inactive at the moment)
• Co – Main idea creator; Beta reader(inactive at the moment)

Story/World

Known Galaxys around us and in the Squads Universe.jpg
The story of our series takes place in our planet and beyond, a couple of hundred of years to the future. The universe outside of the Milky Way galaxy is self created and is not the universe what the scientist know. In the story, humans have expanded through the universe and colonized over 100 planets. At some point of their discovery they met a hostile race called Varal-an-Zul. Humans tried to negotiate with them, but with no success. Now there is an Universal War between Humans and Varak-an-Zul’s. There are other alien races who take part in the war, but the main conflict is between us, and the Varak-an-Zul.
When humans started colonizing the other planets they separated into 5 Universal Countries. One of them is called E.N.C - European Navy Corporation. This is the place where the characters of our story work. They're the best and most honoured elite units in the E.N.C and their job is to deal with all special operations and mission what need more than a normal army qualification. They may also command the space fleet armies when there is a need for it. “Squads” series talks about Alpha squad what consists of 4 members.

Characters

• Nathan “Wraith” Reid
Wraith concept art.jpg
He is the leader of the Alpha squad. Because of being in the army for most of his life, Nathan is one of the most experienced leaders in the entire E.N.C when he turned 179. He got his codename “Wraith”, because of the countless stealth missions where he had been in his army career, so he is a great stealth trooper. When he was young and growing up he was in a school which speciality was acting and that gave him a very confident personality and a good performance with big crowds. In the military it helps him stay calm and think logically. That has been an advantage in stealth operations, Because he can pretend being anyone, without ever being noticed.

• Charles “Spartan” Heartfield
Spartan concept art.jpg
A squad member of the Alpha team. He is the “comedian” of the squad. You may consider yourself lucky if you ever see Charles being angry at all. He also started his career in the army, but he couldn't remain there. He got into an incident with a high ranking officer and because of him, he got kicked out of the army. He rejoined the army when the Alpha squad was created. His special ability, if we may call it that way, is very fast health regeneration. After one extremely dangerous mission he got almost killed and to cure him from his deadly wound he got an experimental drug which now enables him to have this amazing regeneration. Nothing is invincible, of course.

• Vishnzen “Close Combat” Adams
Vishnzen concept art.jpg
A squad member of the Alpha squad. When it comes to a sword, a knife, a dagger, a shield, an axe, martial arts or even fighting with his bare hands, then Vishnzen is the right man to be with. He is the squad’s melee fighter and is great when varaks “Crushers”(melee units) attacks the squad. You may have difficulties to find a better expert of close combat fighting among the humans. He almost never shows his emotion, and usually is neutral towards all things. He is a leader of Adams dynasty: Owner of one biggest military company on the human worlds. He and his entire dynasty cover their skin with Figuram-Shifter: a substance they found from a planet somewhere in the universe and are the sole owner of it. Figuram-Shifter is a substance what can take all physical forms (except gas) with a little help of electricity. It can be tougher then steel but also softer then clothes.

• Juliana Swift
Juliana Concept art.jpg
A squad member of the Alpha squad. Being the newest member in the squad, she has the least experience. She is also the youngest of all the team members. From characteristics she is what you call a “manly” woman. When she was young she didn’t liked to spend with girls, she rather spend her time with boys, playing war games and doing boys stuff. Even being tougher then boys, she still looks like a beautiful and elegant woman. She was adopted in the very first months of her life: She was only a couple of months old, when her home planet was attacked and his parents died. She was then taken to a foster family, where she grew up. Her speciality is engineering. Since her step-father was an engineer, she learned everything from him and became a military engineer.

Preview of the script
Maybe, “Since the script is kind of long (14 pages) and contains a lot of bold and italic text and isn't always left side, I will only put an intro of the Pilot episode of “Squads” into this topic.” The Rest of the story is in the PDF file.
We hope you enjoy it.

Intro

A battlefield. Bullets flying around from everywhere. Dust and ashes all around, it looks pretty dark on the battlefield. Terrain of the location is a ruined city called Oufera, a native plant which can extract oxygen from CO2 35% faster than other plants on the planet.

A soldier (Wraith) jumps out from behind an old and rusted Humvee and runs to the nearest house. Most of the enemy rifles are aimed at him, and start firing. He gets hit twice, but his forcefield suit absorbs the damage. He reaches the house, crashes through the door, knocking it down and jumps to cover. Behind the cover two guns point his way, two allies in that room...
Spartan: “We almost shot you Wraith…. You seriously need to stop with these dramatic entrances…”
Wraith: “(out of breath) Damn that was close; these guys have extremely strong weapons. My suit nearly overheated. “
Rookie: “Want some ice?”
Wraith: “You, with your lame-ass jokes.”
Laser beam fires through the window, damaging the rear wall.
Rookie:“(yelling) No I mean it’s very hot in here.”
Bullets are fired mercilessly from all sides.
Wraith: “This is not the right time or the place for jokes.”
Spartan: “Shhhst! I think I heard something...“
Rookie:“(ironically)Yea, it’s called war, you know the situation, where two or more sides are fighting with the others.”
Wraith: “Quiet!”
There’s a noise behind the wall which was damaged before by the laser beam.
Spartan:“(whispering) Oh great, (short pause) it’s Double C!”
Wraith: “Okay, it seems we have to go outside.”
Rookie: “Are you insane? There’s like million enemies outside!”
Spartan: “You want to fight with Close Combat?”
Wraith:"It will be better to kick some ass out there, then getting ours kicked in here"?
Rookie: “Who is Close Combat?”
Wraith: “Vishnzen Adams”
Rookie:“(Understand who they talk about) Him, hell no.”
Wraith: “Rookie, learn the codenames already.”
Spartan: “We don’t have time for this, let’s go!”

Wall gets destroyed completely and three aliens run though. Spartan shoots the leader once, but the alien’s armour takes the hit. He avoids the next two shots from Rookie and runs straight for Wraith. Wraith dodges to the left, but alien notices and blocks his path. Alien raises his mace and hits him with it. An electronic crush wave comes out of the mace and Wraith flies directly into the wall.

Screen goes black and computer woman voice says: “Simulation ended.”
Picture on the screen opens like human eye vision. Wraith sees a glass door busy opening. Fog and mist is coming out of the simulation chamber he is in. Behind the glass door he looks up and sees a ceiling with an air ventilation shaft. He removes simulation helmet and steps out from the simulation machine. He stands up and sees other (6) members who took part of the simulation, who had also come out of it. Another 9 were still in battle.

Commander comes out of the doors, which is located on the second floor, upon a metal walkway above the simulation room.
Commander:“(loudly) All, who have failed in simulation, line up and wait until the others have finished.”

Soldiers gather in a line and wait for the others. After a couple of seconds when more fall in line, including Spartan who was human, and 2 others who acted as aliens in the battle simulation. Few moments after that Vishnzen and Rookie also came to consciousness. Four alien characters are still in simulation.

Rookie: “I GOT HIM. I got Vishnzen! Hah beat that!”
Spartan :“ (whispers to Wraith)Yeah, he got a lucky shot to Double C’s mace crush wave propagator, so his mace blew up and Vishnzen got wiped out.”
Rookie: “I heard that. There was no luck, only my skill, what I know is better than what all you guys know!”
Spartan: “Well if it was such skill, then why did you get blown away too!?”
Commander: “Shut it down! Both of you…”
Vishnzen: “Let it go Spartan.”
Wraith: “(sighing) New guys.”

Spartan gives a curt nod.

Commander: “Quiet! Did anyone give you the permission to speak? No? Now listen up! Like we can see, the aliens have won. Do I like it? NO. It doesn’t matter that humans have won the last 4 fight simulations, 1 loss may mean death of you all. Did I make myself absolutely CLEAR? “

Last four soldiers wake up from the simulation.

Soldiers: “SIR, YES, SIR”
Commander: “Good. By the way good work Sgt. Vishnzen, it’s not easy to take down almost all enemies, before you get yourself killed”
Vishnzen: “There’s nothing good in killing, when you know it’s your friends, even when in a simulation.”
Commander: “Hmm...”
Commander leaves through the doors he came in.

Wraith, Spartan, Rookie and Double C gathered up.

Rookie: “You’re such a kiss-ass sometimes Vishnzen, always trying to be perfect in the commander’s eyes…”
Vishnzen: “Like you wouldn’t take the chance to do so, if you had a chance.”
Rookie:“(Quietly) Point taken…”
Spartan: “Nice work guys, we lasted pretty long against Varak-an-Zul.”
Wraith: “Yeah, but we weren’t in full squad, since Vishnzen was an alien. I still don’t understand how you can relate to them that well.”
Vishnzen: “Don’t know, maybe its natural gift.”
Rookie: “Yea right, you just got lucky, that’s all.”
Vishnzen: “Each person has his own speciality: Wraith is a natural born leader and great stealth trooper, you seem to have an affinity for sniping, Spartan is great marksman and I like close quarters combat. What’s wrong with that?”
Rookie: “Nothing, you’re just too much into it.”
Wraith: “Maybe he is, but I’m damn happy when Double C is with us when Varak-an-Zul get too close to us, so I don’t have to worry about getting crushed by their weapons.“

Suddenly, an alarm goes off and announces: “Alert, code 4! Alert code 4! Planet-wide attack” (Everybody starts moving around, getting to their battle stations).

Wraith: “Code 4? Damn I thought Varak-an-Zul’s fleet was still a long way away from us.”
Spartan: “Ditto, seems we thought wrong.”
Wraith: “Okay, let’s start moving! I hope to see you afterwards in the pub to continue this conversation.”
Vishnzen:” (sigh) We’ll see ... we’ll see.”

. . .
Full episode is here:
View attachment Squads_Episode 1.pdf

We would like to hear your comments, ideas, constructive critisism and questions very much, so feel free and comment!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.