• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with the Object Editor(some sort of corruption)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My error comes from using the Dota Template v6.0 map.
Now im just adding basic heroes and suddenly my ability editor area causes a lot of problems.
First of all, i cant copy paste abilities, every time i do, it just returns to the root folder and no ability pasted.
Second error is the value reverting back to default. Some values, after saving, revert back to default. One specifically is the requirement for my hardened skin spell, since it keeps on going back to default, my hero cant use it. Another example is a spell which i put in the 0 x slot, but keeps on reverting back to the 1 x slot, ruining the order of which my spells are displayed.
Is this a problem caused by a corrupted object data file?

Level 17
Second error is the value reverting back to default. Some values, after saving, revert back to default. One specifically is the requirement for my hardened skin spell, since it keeps on going back to default, my hero cant use it.

It can happen when two or more of your objects have the same ID.

Well, no idea what's your problem here, I never heard about anything like this. I don't think a corrupted object data file would keep reverting your things.

What kind of World Editor you use? Try downloading NewGen Pack.

Level 6
okay here is my ability settings.
try importing them to any map and you'll see.
as i said, this is based on the dota tamplate v6.0

1.copy and paste any custom ability, it wont work.

2. edit the ability Stone Skin's requirements to none. Save the map and it will revert back to default values. (it'll look like it's changed but if you try to edit it the value shown is the default).

2. edit the ability Enroot Weapon's button position (x) to 0 instead of 1. Save it and it will revert to 1. (it'll look like it's changed but if you try to edit it the value shown is the default).

I have encountered these errors in a different map before. But, all other maps except this and the one way back(i abandoned because of this problem), work fine.

Attachments

• ar.zip
    51.9 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.