• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with the new Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Had a short motorcycle wreck caused vacation, but I'm more or less back now and have started playing again. Noticed a few new versions have come out since I was gone. I noticed that instead of slow poison towers now have a slow spell that can be auto cast - it's an interesting idea, I think having the slow poison was simpler than having the towers stop attacking to cast a spell, but whatever works. Only problem is that the new spell doesn't auto cast; when it's turned on it doesn't do anything - it has to be manually cast by the player.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this map.

Level 2
In 3.41, the Dark Eldar Warrior, the basic Tyranid, and the Necron's Flayed One all have working slow poison. There were a couple of other towers that had slow poison that didn't work, like the hellion, but I don't remember most of those.

As to the casting and attacking, I've yet to see anything that has a spell attack while it's casting. The Dark Eldar Lord, C.S.M. Bloodthirster, and the Tyranid Old One all have powerful attacks that they don't use while they're casting spells; you can tell if you watch the tower while the spell is going on, with the Dark Eldar Lord it's easy to tell since it has critical strike - if the spell is on, you'll never see any numbers scrolling above its head whereas if the spell has just finished attacking you can watch it damage or kill units passing within its attak range. I remember several versions ago the Slanesh chaos marines had an issue with the refresh rate of their armor-lowering spell being too fast on their units - all they did was cast the spell instead of attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.