• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Problems with protecting maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
everytime i protect a map, i can not get it to load in warcraft, as in the folder i put it in is blank. it wont show up there even though it is there

i have tried w3mutil, heavy locker, and adding the blank text doc named war3map.wtg, and every one of them will now show in in the map selection screen, does anyone know why?

Level 4
wow sopho, you are the master... hah that little thing fixed my problem, i was trying to save it as something else, and it wouldnt show up.

when i left the opt- it worked great!
thanks much

Level 4
strange but now its not working again. i protect the map full lock, and preview mode only with heavy locker, and the map locks fine, but still wont appear in the list of maps when i load the game, even with opt- in the name.

now i dont know what to do again because is nice enough to not want newbie versions of it floating around...and i dont get how to use yamas open source protection

Level 4
hey thanks for the help but heavy lock is bein jacked up, but luckily i found an even easier way that locks and only takes about 2 seconds to do. with the wtg file! is there any trouble with this method that you know of?

Level 4
what kind of protection to you use? anything becides heavy locker? mine is just deleting the war3mpq.wtg with winmpq, then importing a blank text doc with that name in place of it

Level 3
where can i dl that? and the problem was that i had used the name protector in weu :p it works fins now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.