• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with my td

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah..umm the creeps are walking little by little in my td..for example....when they spawn..they walk a little then stop...then walk a little again...then stop...how can i fix this???

Level 36
Yes, always time your creeps to spawn over time. Like 1 spawns, then wait 5 seconds, then 2 spawns, then wait 5 seconds, then 3 spawns etc. It's amazing how well it works to get rid of the usual spawning lag that happens at the beginning of a level in a lot of TD's.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC3 is not meant to handle pathing 500 units in complex mazes and all at once.
Try making the spawns spawn for multiple players since I do not think pathing is global, but im not sure.
Only way to really remove it is to reduce the number of units on the map at one time.
Also the problem is all the towers seem to add to pathing lag since they are units and thus even reducing the number of towers can improve preformance of pathing, well atleast in my experience I have seen that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.