• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Problems with line of sight - disabling view through trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Hello everyone, I have a problem with line of sight. You see, I am trying to make an RPG, but the problem is kinda that when I get close to the trees I become able to see a bit trough them. I could fix that with just adding more trees behind that one, but that would require lot of patience, time and it will make bigger size of the map. (map size is already big) So I was thinking, if someone could help me how to ''not to see trough trees''. I made pictures that might help you to solve my problem and see what I'm talking about. So can that be fixed inside Object Editor and without using any triggers (I am horrible with triggering)

''notice the purple'' means: Pathing - Ground (in WE, purple is supposed to be where you can't walk on, something like that... lol)

Titled1.jpgTitled2.jpgTitled3.jpgTitled4.jpgTitled5.jpgTitled6.jpgTitled7.jpgTitled8.jpgTitled9.jpgTitled10.jpgTitled11.jpgTitled12.jpgTitled13.jpgTitled14.jpgTitled15.jpg

+rep to those who help! Tell me if you don't understand this!

Last edited:
Level 26
under map options you can create a complete black fog.But I´m not sure if this is the answer to your problem.But you should try it

btw: I dont know if it is called map options in we because I dont own the english version of wc3.

Level 34
under map options you can create a complete black fog.But I´m not sure if this is the answer to your problem.But you should try it
btw: I dont know if it is called map options in we because I dont own the english version of wc3.
Hm, too bad you don't know what's the name
go to layers than doodads and there click at pathink blockers and there choose line of sight blocker and put this near the trees it should help
yea, I know for that, pathing blockers and line of sight, I might use that...

EDIT: it's solved now, thank you both

Status
Not open for further replies.