• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

problem with usage of model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys!

Sorry for asking these questions, but I have little time read and try all tutorials and such.

Can someone help me with a problem I have with my models. I created at least 10 models (3 buildings and 7 weapons). I can only use buildings as enviromental doodads, NOT like real buildings. And attachment weapons only work as an atachment, NOT like an item model lying on the ground. I bet it has something to do with the Stand - 1 animation, but I just simply cannot get it done in 3dsmax9.

The question is, can I manually edit the mdl file, so that it can have a Stand - 1 animation and a death animation, where the models slowly crumbles down beyond the visible terrain level? Does the model need to have a bone or something? I might also need a code for an opened door. Don't really know the animation names for that and a code for a simple 80 degree rotation.

Can these be done by manually coding the mdl file?

Status
Not open for further replies.