• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Problem with unit groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When my unit groups move. When they get attacked in the middle or make it to their destination they go back? How do i prevent this and make them stay if they get attacked or make it?

• Necro Attack Ground V2
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 6.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add Necromancer 0092 <gen> to TEMPNECRO1
      • Unit Group - Add Crypt Fiend 0091 <gen> to TEMPNECRO1
      • Unit Group - Add Necromancer 0099 <gen> to TEMPNECRO1
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of BLUE BASE Outer <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of Village Exit Blue <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of Village <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of Village Entrance <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of City Entrance Appoarch <gen>))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TEMPNECRO1 and do (Unit Group - Order TEMPNECRO1 to Attack-Move To (Center of City entrance <gen>))
      • Set TEMPNECRO1 = TEMPNECRO1
  • [trigger]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
When my unit groups move. When they get attacked in the middle or make it to their destination they go back? How do i prevent this and make them stay if they get attacked or make it?
Sounds like a problem with guard distance. Some people report that disabling guarding for specific units works. One can also raise the maximum guard range in the gameplay constant, something like 100,000 should suffice.

If the units are owned by neutral hostile then it may be impossible to get them to behave properly as neutral hostile has its own guard AI. If the units are owned by an empty slot or leaver there may also be problems getting them to move around. It is recommended that units are controlled by a computer player or active human player.

Level 2
Sounds like a problem with guard distance. Some people report that disabling guarding for specific units works. One can also raise the maximum guard range in the gameplay constant, something like 100,000 should suffice.

If the units are owned by neutral hostile then it may be impossible to get them to behave properly as neutral hostile has its own guard AI. If the units are owned by an empty slot or leaver there may also be problems getting them to move around. It is recommended that units are controlled by a computer player or active human player.
I found something weird. When i attack one of the necromancers they dont go back. But if i attack the crypt fiend one necromancer goes back? Whats wrong?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What do i do i am confused.
Some people report that disabling guarding for specific units works. One can also raise the maximum guard range in the gameplay constant, something like 100,000 should suffice.
One can either disable guarding for specific units why may work, or raise the guard distance in gameplay constants which will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.