• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with transparent BLP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am using Warcraft 3 Viewer to convert tga to blp but I am unable to produce transparent background in blp. I know it's possible because I somehow did it in the past and if I extract those older icons they have proper transparent background.

I tried 24bit tga, 32bit, compressed, uncompressed.. nothing works. If I use black background I get black background blp, if I save it with transparent background it becomes white in blp. Tga preview is also white so I suspect I am saving it wrong. Google hints at alpha channel but I am pretty sure I did not use it the first time.

So, what is the proper way to save the tga with transparency?

Level 8
I attached an example blp, if you open it up in W3 Viewer it clearly has transparent background. I just don't remember what the heck I did the last time. It just "worked".

Attachments

• sword-green.blp
    8.4 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.