• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem with the quilava model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i am curently working on a map and i will love to have a hero with the quilava skin

but here comes the problem

when i imported it into we
i fixed the quilava.blp to Units\Creeps\HeroFlameLord\Clouds8x8Grey.blp
the quilave.mdx i left untouched

but when ingame the firelord just showed up as an invisible unit

what am i doing wrong?

Level 25
Um... Maybe because you're screwing up the Firelord's textures?

WHY would you rename the blp to replace a particle emitter texture from the Firelord?

Lets look at the page, shall we? It states, as CLEAR AS DAY, that the path is "quilava.blp". Yet you have, for some screwed up reason, decided that rather than use the normal path, you'll overwrite an ingame texture which is used for particle emitters, the Clouds8X8Grey.blp, with this path, and therefore screw up twice as many files!

What part of "Ingame textures are generally not included with the download" didn't you understand? Open that map and check out the normal Firelord, maybe then you'll understand what you did wrong

Oh, and you're making a hero with the Quilava model, not the skin

Yeash, I only had to be told that those things were paths and I figured the rest of this out, what is it with you new people?

Status
Not open for further replies.