• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with 'Omnistrike' trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
First off, before you say anything, it's not an 'Omnislash' ability.

Not really.

So, I had this crazy idea. What is, when the hero blinkstriked to an enemy, it would spawn two copies of itself and those copies would blinkstrike to one random enemy (in this case, the enemies are exclusively heroes).

But it no work. :[

I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong, so I came to the one place I knew could help me. +rep for those who help, but that goes without saying. :)

(The particular hero in question is called the 'Shadowdancer'. Triggers > Shaodwdancer > Omnistrike is where you'll find the spell. The unit itself is highlighted by the Start Location model.)

Attachments

• Landtest8.w3x
    236.6 KB · Views: 43

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
You should post trigger instead of posting whole map, post map only when its realy needed - and you TEST map instead of whole project.

There are ton of mistakes:
- leaks
- uneedned array variables
- wrong group creation
- using triggering unit instead of Matching unit
- using group variable instead of unit one when looking for target
- you shouldn't use if\then\else if condition for it is the came for enabling whole trigger to run
- don't use remove/add unit to selection if your actions are instant
- don't use add/remove invurneability since your actions are instant
- you should have used loop, since for that, or at least for dummy unit, if not - dummy won't be noticeable because you remove it instantly after creating
- destroying leaks should be done at the same 'level' where they are being used

Here is a test map with improved, leakless trigger, although for me it still doesn't look like Omnislash should.

Attachments

• Omnistrike.w3x
    234.9 KB · Views: 49
Level 4
Oh mymy... This list sound like "forget it dude, you will never make it like this" :)

D:

You should post trigger instead of posting whole map, post map only when its realy needed - and you TEST map instead of whole project.

There are ton of mistakes:
- leaks
- uneedned array variables
- wrong group creation
- using triggering unit instead of Matching unit
- using group variable instead of unit one when looking for target
- you shouldn't use if\then\else if condition for it is the came for enabling whole trigger to run
- don't use remove/add unit to selection if your actions are instant
- don't use add/remove invurneability since your actions are instant
- you should have used loop, since for that, or at least for dummy unit, if not - dummy won't be noticeable because you remove it instantly after creating
- destroying leaks should be done at the same 'level' where they are being used

Here is a test map with improved, leakless trigger, although for me it still doesn't look like Omnislash should.

Great, thanks Spinnaker. +rep

One thing, though - is there a way I can spawn two dummy units instead of just one?

Level 5
D:
One thing, though - is there a way I can spawn two dummy units instead of just one?

i can't open the map to see exactly how it's been triggered, but i imagine when you create it you use a 'Unit- Create' action. isn't there an option to pick the number of units created? haven't opened the WE in a bit.
  • Actions -
    • Unit - Create # (dummyunit) at (....)

Status
Not open for further replies.