• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Mathias Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all!
Hi played this great campaigns time ago, I don't remember why I stopped but I recently started again.

Along with some "minor bugs", I'm having a serious problem that doesn't allow me to go further in the campaign.

At the beginning of Chapter 19, during the cinematic, Lord Duncan should be transformed. The problem is that instead of being transformed he disappears (in the cinematics you can read the sentences spoken by.. nobody), and when the map starts you have no controlled unit! Has anybody had to do with this bug? I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling 1.0 instead of 1.21, and without TFT, but uselessly!
I think it could be a problem with the heroes cache (maybe connected with the problem I'm gonna talk about in the next paragrah), but I have no sure idea.

Another problem that I skipped in a way I didn't like at all was in map 18.
The heroes revived trigger doesn't work (I revive all three heroes but nothing happens), I ended the map writing "THE END" to get to the final cinematic, but I would have preferred to finish it correctly.

Well, these are the two biggest problems, but I found some other minor bugs.
I'd like to talk about this campaign with other people, I think it is wonderful, very well built (generally), very long (I appreciate it) and reflecting the original spirit of Warcraft II. It's a pity that some bugs prevent it from being fluently played :ccry:, and it's a pity that nobody corrected them (I think it's no great challenge for any modder).
I think it's a great resource for all the Warcraft III fans and should be taken care of (even since the original maker disappeared into the void) :csmile:

Ah, just to let you know, I downloaded the maps from another site, and I've seen just now that here are available as campaign files, but I think it would have been the same.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I hope I posted in the right section, if not please move the thread :csmile:

Level 2
Could you guys please just try this map and tell me what happens after the starting cinematic? :cgrin:

Edit: I asked a friend to try the map, and he finds himself with no controlled units, just like me. It may be about some custom character model not being correctly loaded by the game? Could anyone check that map and maybe fix it?

Attachments

• MathiasCh19.w3m
    288.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 2
Same happened trying with Warcraft 1.0, as I wrote :csmile:
Is there anyone who played that map correctly?
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I didn't play the whole campaign with 1.0 and the heroes cache got corrupted..

Level 2
The Savage Potato disappeared time ago without leaving any trace :sad:
That's why I posted the problem here.

Unfortunately I have no triggering skill, but I gave a look and I saw that, during the cinematic, there is "remove Duncan from map" but I can't really find where he should be transformed..

Anyway, is it possible that nobody who played that campaign was able to play that map correctly? Anybody here did?
Seems quite odd that a so huge bug passed unnoticed..

Level 2
Bugs are not that many (especially if you know how to avoid them or if you don't make "strange" things), but there are a crucial pair..

Reading here and there, it seems that Med.MapGuy stopped with WC3 and disappeared too (the Curse of Mathias lol?), anyway he started the job (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30883 closed thread) and never finished it (three maps done).

Well, I don't think such an heavy remake is needed, some trigger revision would be fine, just to have a completely working campaign pack.

If someone is willing to put his interest into hit, I could give a few hints, I know the first chapters quite well and could give pointings on the bugs (I know all the critical ones) and about some "bug sensitive" points.

Edit: It seems Med.MapGuy is still here, sorry for the mistake, I read more than once that he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.