• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with import

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Dont get mad of me if I had done something wrong, I am the new one, and I am russian :wink: , I think this is an English forum, so lets get to my problem :
I cant writ corectly the path of the scin to my unit, I import the model and textures from the www.wc3sear.ch, and made an new unit, a call him "Scourge" (you anderstand why), and I ca not write path, what it wants

Level 2
Yes, I have read this, but I still cant sell this problem, in there was written the paths :
Goblins\BladeMaster\......

Yes I under stand that, but I dont understand what I must write first (human\...; undead\...), and when I must write "Texture"

May be I must write so ?
Undead\Scourge\....

I made new unit from Gorgole

Level 2
I try every thing, but it still dont work, there s two things what coud hapend :
1) I am too stooped
2) I am doing somesing wrong

Level 1
Aye mate

Aye I have the same problem using models as well, for instance i follow tutorial with goblin praetorian, and still i have the same pickle, some stupid error on 'could not load file war3imported/goblinpraetorian.mdl' what the heck iz this? i thought its an mdx, can sum1 help im new to this gig.
:twisted:

Ok...All of you...except Elf...DARKY'S TUTORIAL IS A PIECE OF CRAP. Read Mecheon's "HOW TO IMPORT MODELS" tutorial. Someone needs to delete Darky's tutorial before it causes more completely normal people to act like complete idiots after being misled (no offense meant).
In case your too lazy to go read Mecheon's, like me, here goes:

The paths in the folder for skins are the highlighted paths on the model page. got it? good.
The paths in the folder with the extension .mdx stay EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY ARE WHEN YOU INPORT TO WAR3 EDITOR. that should be advanced enough for misled people from Darky28's tutorial.

Level 1
Ive searched for Mecheons import tutorial, but am unable to find it on the site, do you have a link to it anyone? :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.