• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Problem with global variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First of all - hello everyone! ;)

Right - I have a problem.
I work on a simple project based on CTF-like games and I created some global variables of types 'unit' and 'player'. I used them in some triggers, everything works perfect, but whenever I make a trigger and want to post there such a line: '<specific unit variable> dies', it keeps telling me that i don't have variables of proper type.

Do I make any logical mistake or don't use these variables in proper way? I've tried making new variables, even let my PC sleep with that, but neither of them worked.

Isn't that strange, that I can't use the same variable of 'unit' in 'Specific Unit Event', when I want to make a line: '<variable> dies'?

Waiting for any solution.
Thanks, bagiet.

Edit: Actually realised that this stuff can be done using Generic Unit Event and some conditions, but it just looks a bit... unelegant. Wondering if there is any other way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.