• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Custom icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello.

My problem is that when I import a custom icon and press F10, the icon turns green, as if it has no texture, the same thing happens when a hero dies with a custom icon, the icon turns green.
I would like you to help me with this problem thanks

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
Hello,

Every icon needs to have a matching "DISBTN" or disabled version. Take a look here and scroll down to the "Contents" section. You will see that this icon pack includes a BTN and DISBTN, or enabled and disabled version.

When you import both icons into your map, you will need to set their paths as follows:
Enabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMyButtonName.blp
Disabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNMyButtonName.blp

Using these paths the game will know that the disabled button is meant to be the disabled version of the enabled button.

For passive buttons, this is the ususal path:
Enabled button: ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNMyButtonName.blp
Disabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNMyButtonName.blp

Hope that helps,
Ogre_Bob

Level 1
Hello,

Every icon needs to have a matching "DISBTN" or disabled version. Take a look here and scroll down to the "Contents" section. You will see that this icon pack includes a BTN and DISBTN, or enabled and disabled version.

When you import both icons into your map, you will need to set their paths as follows:
Enabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMyButtonName.blp
Disabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNMyButtonName.blp

Using these paths the game will know that the disabled button is meant to be the disabled version of the enabled button.

For passive buttons, this is the ususal path:
Enabled button: ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNMyButtonName.blp
Disabled button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISPASBTNMyButtonName.blp

Hope that helps,
If I have the BTN and the DISBTN but I really don't know how to integrate them, but I have them with different names, do BTN and DISBTN have to be mandatory in the name?

Last edited:
No, they have a mandatory path.
I.E. you need to double-click them in the import menu and change their path.
BTN-one and replace "wc3importdefault\" to "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\"
DISBTN and replace "wc3importdefault\" to "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\"

The stuff AFTER tthe last \ isn't as important (but keep the BTN!)

Level 9
Seems not even necessary to specify a path for the active button. All that needs to be done:

Button Name = x
Disabled Button Name > "ReplaceableTextures/CommandButtonsDisabled/DIS"+x

Same thing goes for passive buttons.

Level 18
Here's an example
1623454380302.png

Status
Not open for further replies.