• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Problem with Cinematic: unit rotation and ignoring creating unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, could you help me with this, please.

In my cinematic I managed to create knights facing 90/270 degrees, but when I see them in game, they are... trying to enter the underground? (just to say something)...

The image:
upload_2016-7-28_23-20-35.png

The trigger:

• Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 2 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 3 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 4 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 5 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 6 <gen>) facing 270.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy 2 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy 3 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy 4 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy 5 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Knight for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 029 Copy 6 <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Bandit Lord for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 7 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Bandit Lord for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of RegionCaballero Copy 7 Copy <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
What could be the problem? I don't want to make them face the ground, i want them to face 90 degrees :S

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-28_23-20-50.png
    upload_2016-7-28_23-20-50.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
Level 37
That's odd. Have you tried just moving the region up a little more away from the wall? Maybe there is some type of "hill" there causing them to look down like that.

Alternatively, you can set the Knight's Maximum Pitch & Roll Angle to 0. This will of course look weird if you plan on making the same exact Knights walk over uneven terrain.

Level 4
That's odd. Have you tried just moving the region up a little more away from the wall? Maybe there is some type of "hill" there causing them to look down like that.

Alternatively, you can set the Knight's Maximum Pitch & Roll Angle to 0. This will of course look weird if you plan on making the same exact Knights walk over uneven terrain.

I tried to move the regions aways and the problem disappeared, but the cinematic looks boring to me because I want to place them in those positions to simulate an "army" holding position. I dont know how to explain this, but is like the movies, when the queen enters her room and their knights are holding position...

And they are still in the cinematic, so they wont walk. Is there any solution instead of that one? Because in the end cinematic i want them to walk so setting their maximum pitch & roll angle to 0 will look weird, according to you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Cliffs are actually ramps between terrain levels. Just the normal ground mesh (2 triangles) is disabled and replaced with a cliff mesh model. The problem is the knight is standing/overlapping with the cliff tile so is subject to the ramp. This is useful when you want your steam tank/knight to tilt as it climbs an elevation. In this case the tilting mechanic is not useful though.

I would recommend replacing the knights with a special dummy knight with no pitch/roll (what KILLCIDE suggested). This knight looks like normal knight but with pitch/roll disabled. This way your normal knights will still tip/roll when climbing elevations during gameplay (looks good) and the cinematic will not look messed up (looks good).

Status
Not open for further replies.