• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Problem with attaching stuff to this unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am trying to attach the phoenix missile model to the right and left feet of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...an-queen-257131/?prev=search=clan&d=list&r=20 however it doesn't work even though I have investigated and researched it.... The problem should be solved since there is no problem with the model or the attachment nodes however it still persists.

I tried Foot Right/Left then Right/Left Foot as well.... Origin won't work because I want to use the feet so it looks cooler since its a type of running spell I am using this for. I haven't edited the model at all.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I know of this problem, it sometimes occurs for me as well.
Its not with foot attachments, but for example the healing wave target effect can't be attached to anything.

Try attaching the effect with triggers. If it doesn't work, try another effect both with object editor and triggers. If it works, its the effect. If it doesn't, its the attachment points.

Level 6
Make a new ability based on Item Armor Bonus (+1), untick 'is it an item ability', remove defense bonus, add Phoenix missile to Art - Target, set Target Attachment Point 1 as "foot,left", and "foot,right" for Target Attachment Point 2, set Art - Target Attachments to 2, and finally add it to the troll on unit abilities.

I did this with your troll model and it works flawlessly. No triggers or anything required.

Status
Not open for further replies.