• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem when importing into the WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey everybody, can you help me fix this model?

I was about to submit it onto this site, when I realized I hadn't tested it in game. The model doesn't import properly into the WE, but it works perfectly in Magos' Model Editor and the War 3 Viewer. I have absolutely no idea why. All of the skins are already in the Warcraft MPQs.

Thanks

(The attachment has been removed)

Last edited:
Level 12
I've gone over all of the previous saves on this model, and the problem seems to be his sword. Everything before the addition of the sword imports perfectly, but everything afterwards is replaced by a green and black checkered box in the WE. I tried removing the sword and it didn't change anything.

So the sword being added messed it up, but removing the sword doesn't fix it.

Im really confused.

Edit: I've now tried removing all but 1 material and every geoset except the first. I tried changing all the textures, removing geoset anims...none of it worked.

Any ideas?

Edit 2: I have no idea what extents are, but I've heard that if minimums are poisitive and maximums are negative your model won't work in the World Editor. I checked and my model does have positive and negative numbers in the wrong places. How can I fix them?

Last edited:
Level 7
im magos theres a option that says calculate extents, it will fix any problems for you i believe.

*edit* i calculated them and imported it and it still comes up with a green box... so i would guess i is a texture problem.

*edit*
Bitmap {
Image "UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\Undead3D_Exp\Arthas1.blp",

is that the campaign arthas your using? you may have to export the skins and supply them with the model even though they are with wc3. if it is the campaign arthas then the world editor probably wouldn't reconize it seeing that it doesnt apply to any of the ingame models other than the campaign screen.

so try exporting the textures, but seeing that you have 23 textures may be a little overkill for someone to import them. but give it a shot, im sure thats what the problem is.

Last edited:
Level 7
well ive never used magos to model anything before, so this could be a simple problem that i cannot solve. if you still have the older saves, try to redo it, and see if it works. try importing the sword in vertex modify with the main model loaded, and attach it there instead of geoset merger.

if that doesnt work then im stumped... try asking general frank or blinkboy for help, they are very knowledgeable with modeling.

sorry i couldnt be more help.

its such an awesome model, i wish you luck and hope you get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.