• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

problem making this attack system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I want to make my unselectable unit attack this way.

Without using an attack ability and the only reason of having a weapon is to run the whole trigger only if the unit has the specific weapon as a condition:

A missiles effect flying from my flying unit to the ground/point (say 50 range away from my unit's facing) to be created every time the mouse is right-clicked. And ofc damage taken.

• Attack
    • Events
      • UI - Player 1 clicks Right mouse button Down.
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • General - If (Conditions) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
        • If
          • (Viking weapon 1) == Banshee - Backlash Rockets
        • Then
          • Environment - Create Banshee - Screecher Missiles (Persistent) at AttackPoint from Viking
          • Unit Group - Pick each unit in (Any units in (Region(AttackPoint, 2.5)) owned by player 2 matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount) and do (Actions)
            • Actions
              • Unit - Set (Picked unit) Life to (((Picked unit) Life (Current)) - 100.0)
        • Else
  • Set ( I set this is as a Global Var) AttackPoint = ((Position of Viking) offset by 50.0 towards (Facing of Viking) degrees) <Point>

I want this for 2 weapons that will attack point. Also in the same way for other 3 weapons, I need to cr8 a trigger with the effect to be created from my unit to the closest enemy unit.

The thing is that it doesnt create the effect at all even for this from unit to point, havent even tried if it will cr8 a laser say from a unit to unit :\

Level 10
Could you show your triggers for what you tell me?

Galaxy is about the Data editor more than using triggers for every single thing.

The same exact thing you have now, just without the grab+damage. Change the effect you are creating to a damaging one. Or have the persistent effect cause the damaging one.

Make a new Damage effect, and use that.

Triggers are not used for everything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.