• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Preset Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yep i do seem to come up with alot of newbish questions lately, but im currently on the stage of my map where i have to set all the small details i kept pushing off while making the content of the map itself ^^

Anyway --I was wondering in basicly every single map on battlenet outthere when you join a game the different players (colors, teams ect) are preset and you can chose to take one of these spots, thereby getting that color, team and others.

Now, i easily managed to set the teams, but my computer factions can still be selected as players and you can change your color, i'd like to know the function to lock colors and lock some of the player slots as computers. thanks :)

Level 18
To make a slot a computer, go to 'Scenario' --> 'Player Properties...' and change the controller of the players you want as computer to 'Computer'.

I'm not sure how to lock colors, but instead, you can also add
  • Actions
    • Player - Change color of Player 1 (Red) to Red, Changing color of existing units
for each player to your 'Melee Initialization' trigger.

Level 5
Heh well no

Well... frankly,, no, i have already set both computer controlled "players" set as computer, but they're still not "locked" as computers, and the colors need to be "locked" from the start of the game, setting the color when entering the game merely fixes it once the game is started.. but it has to be locked before you start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.