• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pre-Sundering Azeroth Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Nope. But it'd be easy to make one

Basically, everything is on a singlr continent. So find a good map of Azeroth, one that includes Northernd, Kezan, the smaller islands and what not, and stick them all together. Also, Dustwallow Swamp is smack dab in the middle

Level 25
It split the central continent apart into several. Where Dustwallow Marsh now is? That used to be the middle. Tanaris and Stranglethorn? They were both part, along with Kezan, of a great desert in the south. Northerend and similar areas nearby, such as Quel'Thalas? All of that was frozen over cold part

It destroyed some parts, but it also broke the continent in half. One have is Kalimdor, the other half is Azeroth

Level 27
Like this, a very detailed map of pre-sundering azeroth =p

Attachments

• lol.JPG
    lol.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 23,812
Level 9
I disagree with Mecheon. I believe that the Sundering didn't split and push the ground as it is to the corners of the world but devastated it entirely. Meaning that the sea between the three large continents was once ground: one massive continent (Not the one seen in your last thread, much larger). I could be mistaken though, since it is unlike Mecheon to be incorrect.

Level 13
Actually...

As far as I know, the original continent (Named Kalimdor, or Old Kalimdor) was something like a circular island in middle of the sea.
By playing WoW and checking some articles the wowwiki I must say that I both agree and disagree with all the previous posts, as the Great Sundering did split the continents apart, but the center sank into the seas, but (by this I disagree with Mecheon) Dustmallow Marsh can't be the center, because the originial Well of Eternity was situated there, and around it the former capital of the Elves was built, from where Azhara tried to bring Sargeras into the world.
Anyways, if you want create a map of Old Kalimdor from a map of Azeroth, just as Mecheon recomended, I'll say that it should end up looking like some kind of donut, with the maelstrom in the middle (as the hole :p), where you should try and draw somehow a lake and a city around it, imitating the Well of Eternity.

Level 13
Of course I know what is the Maelstrom :hohum:...
Anyways I remembered that I did see a map of the original continent somewhere... if I come across it again I'll post it here :wink:

Level 25
Dustwallow Marsh has been mentioned, many times, as previously being in the dead centre of Kalimdor, and it was flooded when the continents were split apart. Its in Lands of Mystery if you're curious

Zin'Arashara type place was a bit off to the right I guess

So, a challange. Use the fanmade Scrolls of Lore one as a base, seeing as it includes islands left out in WoW, and using an image of Pangaea, and the knowledge that Dustwallow needs to be in the dead centre, design a pre-Sundering Azeroth

Level 12
It split the central continent apart into several. Where Dustwallow Marsh now is? That used to be the middle. Tanaris and Stranglethorn? They were both part, along with Kezan, of a great desert in the south. Northerend and similar areas nearby, such as Quel'Thalas? All of that was frozen over cold part

It destroyed some parts, but it also broke the continent in half. One have is Kalimdor, the other half is Azeroth

Azeroth? Azeroth is the name of the planet bud :p
its one half is Kalimdor other half is Eastern Kingdoms

Level 9
I better tell it to you now before Mecheon sees this and kills you. Azeroth is also the name of the southern sub-continent in Eastern kingdom (south to Khaz Modan) including within it: Blasted Lands, The Burning Steppes, Deadwind Pass ,Duskwood , Elwynn Forest, Redridge Mountains, Stormwind, Stranglethorn Vale, Swamp of Sorrows and Westfall.

Attachments

• Azeroth.JPG
    Azeroth.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 13,823
Level 25
Azeroth? Azeroth is the name of the planet bud :p
its one half is Kalimdor other half is Eastern Kingdoms

Its the name of a lot of things

1. The planet itself
2. The entire Eastern Kingdoms
3. The lower part of the Eastern Kingdoms. The other ones are Khaz'Modan and Lordaren

Don't ask why it applies to so many things. I don't know either

Level 13
I suppose they will use WoW maps since they gave a much more detailed view of the world, but at a bigger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.