• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Pre-Contruction on RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yes, i've already completely terrained the map. But, before i go any further, i want to know if this map is possible to make.

No storyline yet, but here's how the combat will work. There are 2 sides of the map. All made up of rectangles. For example, A1, A2, B5, C3. Rows and columns. But each square has a double. I terrained one side of the map, then coped it all. (doodads, terrain, water) everything. I pasted it on the other side of the map. So now, there are 2 areas divided by boundary, and each side is identical. (one for adventure, one for combat).

Now, i want the screen to lock to each rectangle when entered by the player's unit. (They will only control one unit). So if he leaves A1, it will jump to either B1, or A2, whichever direction he chose.

Enemies will travel in groups. Here is the part that will cancel construction. When a user clicks on a group of enemies, it jumps to the same square, on the OTHER half of the map. (the identical square). Sortof like in final fantasy tactics, there are small squares represented by reigons. And the user has a certain number of steps per turn. (combat goes in a random sequence). Now, the hard part isnt making the user's unit move individual squares. Its making the enemies move individual squares on their own.

This calls for a custom AI. But is it even possible? Please respond, thanks. =)

Level 4
alright neat. I really want to pull this one off. I understand it'd be 50% less, but the map is very big itself. Ive already terrained most of it and i'm very happy with the size. Anyone interested in helping me make this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.