• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Power Boost Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have tried and tried to find a way to make this work on my own but I dont seem to be able to do it. The idea is to have an immolation-like ability that drains mana and creates an effect around the unit when activated however instead of making so everyone who attacks the unit takes damage, it would increase the units STATS and speed while active.

I thought it would be simple at first because I was thinking there would be a BUFF that you could attach to a copy of immolation that increases stats but it seems stats are an ability and not a buff...

There needs to be more then 1 version of the ability for the map, in case it has to be done with alot of triggers and I cant just make copies I will specify the version here:

Version 1=+40 All Stats, 10 mana per sec, Increased movement speed
Version 2=+60 All Stats, 15 mana per sec, No movement speed change
Version 3=+85 All Stats, 20 mana per sec, Decreased movement speed
Version 4=+100 All Stats, 20 mana per sec, Increased movement speed (preferably more then version 1's movement speed increase but if there is a limit to how fast movement speed can be then just the same, I don't want version 1's increase to be nerfed to an unnoticeable level so the other versions can have even faster speed)
Version 5=+200 All Stats, 75 mana per sec, Increased Movement Speed (Same as version 4)
Version 6=+350 All Stats, 40 mana per sec, Increased Movement Speed (Same as version 4/5)

They dont stack, one character cant have more then one version enabled at once. If I could get help for this it would be great! Also if there is a download to a buff/effect that increases movement speed/stats then just link me to that and ill use that :)

Level 2
Instead of preventing it, why don't you allow only 1 unit can possess 1 version ?
Are you planning to include more than 1 version on a single unit ?

Maybe, But if that makes it alot harder or something I can work around it so only 1 unit can have 1 version...

PS: The ability needs to be able to be added and removed from a unit via triggers. Like a certain character may only unlock it at a certain point in the story...

Level 2
Instead of preventing it, why don't you allow only 1 unit can possess 1 version ?
Are you planning to include more than 1 version on a single unit ?

Actually nevermind the anti-stacking thing...as it turns out limited button space prevents me from adding 2 to one unit anyways...In the rpg im making every character has 4 abilities and one of these versions, add one slot for the button you press to level up abilities and the slot for a flying thing in my map that leaves none left for an extra version...so it doesent matter really...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.