• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Portal Spawning Trigger, Ping and Vision Reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
  • Legion Portal
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Legion as An exact match
      • Time - Every (Random real number between 500.00 and 2000.00) seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VisionGroup = (All players)
      • Set LegionPoint = (Random point in Legion Boundries <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Demon Gate for Neutral Hostile at LegionPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LegionPoint)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in VisionGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Grant shared vision of (Last created unit) to (Picked player)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for VisionGroup at (Position of (Last created unit)) for 50.00 seconds, using a Flashy ping of color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%)
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_VisionGroup)
My intention here is that the Demon Gate, once spawned, is supposed to also be pinged on the minimap, and also have its vision shared with all players.

The problem is, while it spawns every time (Via the text event I'm using as a sort of force test.) It only pings and reveals its location, the first time, after the first spawning, those two functions won't work.

Its basically a mini event on the map that alerts everyone that it needs to be taken care of, as if left to sit for too long, the unit will build up mana and spawn a colossus to stomp around the map.

Feel free to yell at me for my obvious mistake! (Whatever it is -:ogre_rage:)

Level 3
Changing the Ping position and target.

As for the "All Players".... Uhm... y'know, I might infact, be dumb, as if I remember, its only picking players under specific conditions that leaks, and all players, doesn't leak...

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

Adjusting accordingly, and testing.

Alright, works PERFECTLY.

Small things y'know. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.