• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Point with polar offset

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sloved)Point with polar offset

This is my trigger:
  • BurrowAttack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Burrow Attack
    • Actions
      • Set BurowA_point = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees)
      • Set BUROWA = 1
      • Trigger - Turn on BurrowAttack Cancel <gen>
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off BurrowAttack Cancel <gen>
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • BUROWA Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set BUROWA = 0
          • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to BurowA_point
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_BurowA_point)
        • Else - Actions
This part:
  • Set BurowA_point = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of (Casting unit)) degrees)
Sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't and i have aboslutly no idea why... Sometimes the hero moves to the location, sometimes it moves to another random location.
Any ideas why? I'm trying to recreat the crixalis(from dota) burrow/impale/teleport ability. The "Burrow Attack" ability is actually the impale ability of the crypt lord.

Last edited:
Level 7
First off, what does the trigger 'BurrowAttack Cancel <gen>' do?

Secondly, don't use the event
  • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
...because you could get stunned or paused after you begin casting but before you actually cast, so you end up not spending the mana for the spell, and the effects would still occur.

Instead, use

• Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Third, the problem might be that you are using the unit facing to set the target location. I'm pretty sure you can cast a spell at a target without having to face exactly in the direction of the target, which would result in your caster teleporting to the side of the target.

Edit: Dr Super Good beat me to it.

Level 9
Its like you started attacking a unit, the event you used can be abused by repeatedly pressing the hotkey of the ability and the command combination stop

Status
Not open for further replies.