• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Point -to-Point Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the P2P ability off of this site and it is a good ability. I have a few questions though.

1. While in the test map it is sometimes possible to have two portal systems going. For some reason the "Close Portals" button does not always cover the regular ability button.

2. When I transfered this into my map I copied everything: variables, abilities, and units. However, the variable "Portal_Caster", which the entire script depends on, has to be assigned to a specific hero. It uses a unit in random region tag in the initialization stage to tag the lich in the test map. This means that you can't use it in a regular game because you don't start with your heroes. Is there a way to assign it to the archmage(The hero that uses it in my map) every time one is created or revived?

If both of these problems can't be solved, then could someone just rewrite it in JASS? Thanks if you can help.

Level 9
I made that ability. I am currently in the process of rewriting all of my older spells. I should be at that one by tonight.

All of my old spells only supported a single caster. I haven't tested it yet, but it should still work if you set the Portal_Caster to the (casting unit).

I'll try to make it multi-caster when I get to it.

~The_Raven

Level 9
Hmm...I'm looking at my latest bank statement, and I don't see any recent monetary transfers from you. I think that means I'm not getting paid, which means that I am under no obligation to you! I have nine projects outstanding at the moment, and I haven't felt like working on Warcraft in a while.

In conclusion, I will say this to you: I haven't forgotten. I will finish this spell when I finish it, and I will notify you when I do. Posting reminders to me doesn't help! In fact, you're wasting time that I could be using to make the spell by prompting me to reply to this.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.