• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please help me fix this!

Level 4
Hi evrybody i have a huge problem. When i try to save my map in the world editor it shows a window and in that window a few problems in the code. But when i test my map it boots the game a small window is also shown and it shows an exclamation mark. I will send you my map and screen shots of the problems. Best regards from Pekisa7.

Attachments

• problems.docx
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • War in the City.w3x
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
Level 19
Have you enabled jasshelper? Open the trigger editor > jasshelper > enable jasshelper

EDIT: Posting the map made it very easy to find the error. You have a global variable called TimerSummoning that is currently a timer variable but its used by a few actions as a real variable (ex: obelisk01,02,03,04 Timer Arthas). I am not quite sure how you managed to do this. Id be interested to know how you think you did that.

If you read the window with problems that appear you might be able to suss out problems yourself. The error says: Cannot convert timer to real in parameter callout StartTimerBJ, Cannot convert real to timer. The surrounding text of the highlighted text can show where and which trigger is responsible.

Last edited:
Level 4
Have you enabled jasshelper? Open the trigger editor > jasshelper > enable jasshelper

EDIT: Posting the map made it very easy to find the error. You have a global variable called TimerSummoning that is currently a timer variable but its used by a few actions as a real variable (ex: obelisk01,02,03,04 Timer Arthas). I am not quite sure how you managed to do this. Id be interested to know how you think you did that.

If you read the window with problems that appear you might be able to suss out problems yourself. The error says: Cannot convert timer to real in parameter callout StartTimerBJ, Cannot convert real to timer. The surrounding text of the highlighted text can show where and which trigger is responsible.
The JassHelper has already been enabled on my map but it still dosen't work. I used the triggers form the last mission of the Undead Campaing in the Frozen Throne and I copied those triggers to my map. I will need your help to fix the map and to fix StartTimerBJ, TimerSummoning and other highlighted problems. Thank you and best regards from Pekisa7.

Level 19
Make the TimerSummoning variable into a real variable. It will cause some actions to be disabled. In init set TimerSummoning = 30.00 and in the other disabled actions start timer at TimerSummoning seconds.

Level 4
Make the TimerSummoning variable into a real variable. It will cause some actions to be disabled. In init set TimerSummoning = 30.00 and in the other disabled actions start timer at TimerSummoning seconds.
I already have TimerSummoning = 30.00 in the initialization and I started a timer with a variable TimerSummoning which wil expire in 30.00 seconds and it still dosen't work.

Level 19
Follow these steps in this order:
1. TimerSummoning - Change the variable type of this variable to a real variable, continue and accept warnings
2. Initialization - Set TimerSummoning = 30.00 again
3. Obelisk 01-04 Timer Arthas set the time for the timers to TimerSummoning again
4. Obelisk 01-04 Timer Illidan set the time for the timers to TimerSummoning again

Level 4
Follow these steps in this order:
1. TimerSummoning - Change the variable type of this variable to a real variable, continue and accept warnings
2. Initialization - Set TimerSummoning = 30.00 again
3. Obelisk 01-04 Timer Arthas set the time for the timers to TimerSummoning again
4. Obelisk 01-04 Timer Illidan set the time for the timers to TimerSummoning again
Thank you so much for helping me. I wish you the best of luck. You are awesome.