• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please aid me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am havin major issues just importing this simple model. I have imported models before but I cant seem to get this to work.

Here is what is included as instructions:

"Put the 'Void' folder into 'Warcraft III\Units\' folder, this will allow you to see the units properly in the WC3 World Editor (WE). (after this of course you have to change the model path to 'units\Void\[name]\[name.mdl]' ) However, this will not put it into your map. To get it into your map you must use an MPQ importer/exporter program to put the files directly into the map file (also into 'units\Void\etc') these programs, along with tutorials on how to use them, can be found at www.wc3campaigns.com. If you are having problems importing properly, plz talk to sombody there, instead of bothering me about it.

Experienced Modders - All units are in folders within the 'Void' folder (as you can see) The 'Void' folder goes into the 'Units' folder and you're set.

NOTE: no matter what units you are using, you must have the 'Void\Textures' folder included in the MPQ."

I follow it but get stuck when I am adding files with the MPQ app. It says to import the files into the map and have the same path. But when i open the map with MPQ it shows the paths are already there from WE. Yet I still cant see the units when I preview the map.

Very confusing!! :(

Oh ya and why are some .mdl and some .mdx?

Thanks for any help

Level 2
haha yeah i figured this thing was really old after i spent a bunch of time on it. The importer works just fine I just needed those durn paths. Turned out i misread Darky's Import Guide.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.