• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing a new map - campaign style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone,

i just did my first upload, a map i ahve been working n for a while now. yes it still looks kinda crappy but units tech and modelwise almost everything seems to be at place including mechanics.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/back-farlass-v1-09-a-276435/?prev=status=p

I would really like to play this with a couple people... if i get some quick replies maybe even today, so far my timeschedule is empty. Battlenet is not a problem, i can provide Teamspeak or join a Skype conference call.

ill post a Teamspeakadress im usually on when on the screen: 176.9.41.211:13000 user: Hi.Barrni

See you around,

Barrni

Level 2
after playing your game i see that you need to explain better the point of the game i started it and don't know what i have to do, in the f9 menu you need to write about the scrolls to control fundations because at the start you think the only way to control those are attcking them even if that means to fight against the allies, the pj characters are very simple, leveling them are meanless, mostly in the wizard, the only one i don't play whit is the warrior, raise the initial food because in the beggining you can't create even weak units to fight for new ones

Level 3
a better ability tree for the heros was the next thing i wanted to go over... i will figutre something out.
A better description is a good point. ill take care of that next as well....maybe a quick tutorial cinematic ? raising the initial food further i see a bit problematic :/ its not low but also not superhigh id say. can you specifiy your concern ?

How did you like it apart from what you mentioned ?

Level 2
the cinematic would be great to have some idea to where are the enemie towns, also would help to change the map icon of markets, sometimes it's hard to find them.

Other thing that would help is a timer to know when the profits are given, and let the heroe keep the regular items when dies, i don't know if you do it on purpose but some attacking structures late to change owner but still attack,

About raising the initial food i say like 5 more, just to create at least 3 armed villagers to help the heroes to start.

As a suggest create more constructions available in the factory fundations, different types of houses, also with the towers, more items, not recipes maybe specific location items or shops.

Level 3
okay i really need to go to bed but i figured out most of what you wrote.

- Cannon tower in addition to the watchtower so 2 to choose from now
- Tavern as a new source of income building. Works different from other buildings concerning income <-- gave the standard houses a new ability to support this.
- changed hero bilities a little so you got more to skill but nothing big yet.
- changed the trigger for the tribal buildings so they change instantly and dont shoot you any longer.
- added a HELP TUTORIAL that picks up on where the fight goes on and what to do (e.g. foundation vouchers)

will update the map now to version 1.12

Level 2
some recomendation to improve the gameplay:

the "-help" cinematic really helps a little but the camera is still able to move, lock it putting the cinematic mode, and also it's some laggy the fight you see throught this command, i recommend you to pause the other units meanwhile.

in several sites of the map you see trolls and murlocs and ogres going across cities ignoring the attacking towers, some examples are in the town southeast the undead base and near the gold mine southwest the principal city bridge.

with the available units it's very difficult to siege enemy bases, even improved at the best, the enemies are almost invincibles.

give shared vision with ally ,improve the hero class selection, a standing peasent don't make a good transition, personally i don't like the map distribution, because if you go north way of starting city there is no much to do.

Level 3
for the cinematic i dont really know how to create a trigger specific for one player when it comes tzo locked cinematic mode.

the trolls, gnolls and murlocs belong to one of the Ai's. Its just the basic melee AI so to change anything concerning that i would have to create a complete new Ai.... would have to learn that first...

Cities are meant to be hard to take... i know its easy to say "it's supposed to be hard" but thats just what it is... i becomes increasingly easy with the tech that you research. Have you tried the 2 new Siege units ? i added a ballista and a bombard. now idk wether or not they are buggy in the version here... i fixed something but not sure wether thats allready avaibale to you. nonetheless they outrange everything else...

Shared vision with Farlass is turned off on purpose. the -ally commands gives vision though...

North area is honestly a bit dry... couple buildimngs to take and a few creeps... but right out of my head im not sure what to change / improve maybe add another village...?

Level 2
in the v1.14 i see the next problems:

-the improve in the workers to collect more wood don't work the collect always 10
-improve the description, put a quest for each income building to be more easy to see, the main quest description is lack of emotion, tell a history or change it, reading do this and that don't is exciting
-change the way to select the class or at least change the icon in the selection, the healing icon you use is too generical and don't have anything relation with the action
-in the bandit tooltip say "renged", and i don' know much about balancing but 4 food for bandit i say it's too much
- the ability of the bandits to deal 10 dps to buildings have some issues, when you capture a foundations the ability still work and reduce the hp even when it's yours
-make the vouchers do not work when used in buildings, and make a quest talkin about the vouchers to read it anytime
-in the masterthief there are to much abilities, the lvl 10 ability can't be used because i can't clic on it, i still don't know if this happen with the other 2 too
-i don't know where i can find the siege units
-you told me in the last post that i can use the "-ally commands" to share the vision, but you don't explain it enough i wrote -ally but nothing happened
-other thing you should explain in the questlog is the experience battle, in the tooltip don't say too much
-there is a lot of improvements that i don't know where to buy, give a hint or something
-there are abilities that don't explain anything, just the name f.e. the masterthief evasion and critical strike, the shields up ability in the soldiers from the castle

Level 3
its alot of small work you pointed out that i part of couldnt be bothered to do to this point as there were more pressing matter. but i will take care of all of them now. Note that i might miss one thing or another.
there was actually a techtreeproblem with the siege units. they were not avaiable but can be found in the "Camp". Ill switch that to barracks now as its better that way.

I have been thinking about new Heros as well. still 3 classes but different versions e.g. a thief the way it is and another maybe as an archer with other abilities...?

Status
Not open for further replies.