• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Player Group leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello Hive!

I have a question regarding a specific memory leak: the Player Group leak, that is cleaned with Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup)
I was surprised that I never knew these leak, so my question is what is their significance? Are they equally bad as the other leaks such as location and unit group leaks? I just need a bit of information regarding this type of leaks. Thanks!

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I understand. I still can't believe that I never knew Player Groups leak. Suddenly, some Memory Crashes start to make sense. I was sure I had the vast majority of leaks cleaned. Now it turns out there is a bunch of them! Thanks for the information.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Force leaks are slightly worse than location leaks but better than group leaks. Group leaks can contain several dozen units, while forces are limited to at most 16. Locations should not have dynamic sizes so should be the smallest.

As far as which usually causes the most damage it is group followed by location then force. Forces are seldom created in comparison to the other two.

Leaks will usually render a map unplayable (<1 FPS) long before the game crashes. There are a few exceptions where finite resources are depleted. An example is units and destructibles which will crash the game after ~40,000-60,000 are present on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.