1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Plastic Soldiers (Plastered)

Submitted by Ether
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
"Careful now, boyo. I'm not sure if these soldiers are made of plastic, white porcelain, or plaster, but I'm sure as hell that they're ain't human no more, maybe industrially manufactured or failed products."
-Mr. Cogman.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a simple texture for Herrdave's American Infantry Pack and American Support Units. So I tried applying some lil' o knowledge in using Plastic Wrap Filter, some careful detailing works, plus monochromatic effect in Photoshop.

Heavily spiced up and inspired by Bioshock's Plastered Splicer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can use them in any maps, much recommended for toy-themed maps like Army Men RTS. This skin I made is supposed to be used in PlasticCraft but shelved the project for my mod. Please give me credits as natural it should be. :)

I'm planning to finish the green-skinned plastic soldiers soon because I have a .psd file ready.

Screenshot

[​IMG]
Contents

Plastic Soldiers (Plastered) (Texture)

1. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe a variant for classic dark green plastic soldier with some nice highlights would be cool.
    I remember there was some plastic soldier game on PS1.. that stuff was great!

[​IMG]

Yes, I think it was Army Men 3D perhaps.. damn that was a long ass time ago.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  2. pussycat

pussycat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Army Men: RTS - Wikipedia

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There was also some movie about toy soldiers. Not sure if they were paint looking though.

4. pussycat

pussycat

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol :D they're still amazing

5. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Going to finish and polish the dark green ones real soon :)