• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Piercing the EXP roof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hi
To expose my problem here's a picture of my current constant for the exp :

expsystem.PNG

Please note that my maximum lvl for my heroes have been set to 250 000 lvl

Somehow i would live to reach this max lvl with a normal exp system.

Currently my heroes can only obtain the lvl 6501 with this much exp :

screenss.PNG

& i'v seen asian maps with alot more than 250000 lvls exp so i wanted to know if the europeon community had any knowledge on "how to do this feat" in a map ?

Thanks i'l +rep if someone found it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I am guessing it is because experience is some kind of 32bit integer internally and you are hitting the limits of the type? Change the exp per level table so it only grows by 1 or 2 experience per level, if no growth at all. Assuming 2,147,483,647 is the maximum experience a hero can have (limit of signed 32bit integer), that would mean that to support 250,000 levels the average experience required per level cannot exceed 8,589

You should consider if 250,000 levels are actually required. It is almost certain you could squeeze the same gameplay and content into 250 levels or even less. This is why games like Diablo III have a level cap of 70 and not 70,000.

Level 11
Some people really like big numbers.

Anyway, I'll add another warning: Attack speed boosts cap out at +400% in warcraft 3. It's a hard limit they added for unknown reasons and cannot be passed. If you want attack speed boosting items/etc, and you want huge levels/stats, I'd suggest taking off the attack speed boost from agility. Otherwise you'll hit the cap quickly and any items or abilities that boost attack speed become worthless.

Level 6
i know its 400% don't worry about that :p but i would like to know if its possible to gather 250000 levels only levels

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

One way you could do it is make levels require a constant amount of EXP: for example, 100 or 1000.
Then, you trigger your EXP system and scale down exp received based on level. For example, a level 1 hero killing a level 1 enemy could give 10 XP, and then when you reach level 2 it would only give 9 XP or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.