• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pesant Avatar

Peasant avatar 'roar', made for my map as a taunt skill.., use and edit however you wish, no credits needed :)

based on avatars blue enlargy thingy

NOTE: Optimized version uploaded, in map, it only adds 8kb to your maps size :), even though it wont say that in import editor.

Keywords:
peasant, taunt, avatar, avitar, roar
Contents

Pesant Avatar (Model)

Reviews
02:32, 14th Mar 2012 anarchianbedlam: Might be useful in a map. Especially for 'building' spells. But you might want to change the preview picture, it looks pretty terrible. The model itself is fine though, simple, low filesize etc.

M

02:32, 14th Mar 2012
anarchianbedlam: Might be useful in a map. Especially for 'building' spells. But you might want to change the preview picture, it looks pretty terrible. The model itself is fine though, simple, low filesize etc.

@ his face looks flat, its the same face as the avatar model without the horns, and a greatly shortened beard,

@ needs more work;what would you suggest?, its an sfx, that last 1-1.5 seconds, there is little time to 'study' it ingame to notice the lack of polys, the only other work i thought about maybe doing is mirroring the animations so instead of fading at full yawn, it would come back into the body, or sumthin..

im already a little unhappy with the 18kb price tag. (i like to keep my maps below 500kb :p)

yea i can linearize anims to.. i didnt because in this case it would be 1 kb.., and when it comes to sfx animations are more important... besides i figured id leave that for others to do :p, doesnt it mess models up if you try to edit them again afterwards?.. least what i heard

EDIT: after run through mdlvis got it to 8 kb, in map.., i might just swap that one out :p

@ make it blue; requires stone texture
False, geoset animations :p, which it had in the first place, making it blue.. but i didnt want that :p

EDIT2: @ change the image; there are 2 images posted to it, neither i was to happy with, its just hard to capture the 'feel' with out animation :p

Last edited: