• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Experience Persistent resource "State" search filters

The experience system on Hive. How much EXP per Z, why not give EXP for W?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Just a little QOL that is not really important. I often find myself looking for esoteric models/icons, so I always turn on the "Useful / simple", "Awaiting update" and "Restricted" state for any resource search I do (not sure that last one does anything for a regular user but I use it anyway). As it is not persistent, I have to turn it back on every single time I reopen the site.

It would be nice to either have:
  • A single user setting "Enable Resource State search filter persistence" (off by default) ; when turned on the state filter is always restored to the last selected settings; when turned off it uses the site current default state filter.
  • A single user setting "Show all resource states by default" (off by default) ; when turned on all state filters will default to everything on; when turned off the state filters will use the site current default state filter.
  • Have a "Default Resource State search filter" section in the user settings, where a user can check all the State filters they want used by default on all their resource searches.
    • Similar presentation as "Resource settings" - Display resources with the following states on your profile

PS: I probably used the wrong tag for this post, I assumed "Experience" meant UX when I started the post, but now that it is published I realise it might actually be related to the user profile levelling system? What each tag means should be detailed in the "Read this first" post.

Status
Not open for further replies.