• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Penance

- Uploaded

NO‎TESCREDIT
  • No need to change import paths for custom textures. You can import the entire folder (Ctrl + Shift + I) through the Import Manager.
  • You'll only need the Classic versions if you or your audience do not have access to Reforged HD.
Give credits if you use my resources in your map.

You may repost my models or incorporate them in your 3D creations, as long as you observe proper attribution by crediting me and linking to this bundle.

Magos' Model Editor
If a.) the model/s present an error regarding a ribbon emitter upon opening, or b.) the models go blank in-game after editing them in Magos', use MdlxConv to convert the uncorrupted file to mdl, edit the model as you wish, and then convert back to mdx before importing.

In-Game
If models with omnilights light up the whole map after conversion, make sure you're using version 1.04 of MdlxConv.
Contents

Penance (Model)

Penance - Classic (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Amazing effect and fantastic use of textures. Great job.
Level 6
I looked up the word Penance. It has three meanings...
  1. An act of self-mortification or devotion performed voluntarily to show sorrow for a sin or other wrongdoing.
  2. A sacrament in some Christian churches that includes contrition, confession to a priest, acceptance of punishment, and absolution.
  3. Penitence; repentance.
My question is: how does this relate to the Penance spell, and what does it do exactly? Does your character cast this on oneself, or do you case it on another unit?
One thing for certain, though, is that it looks like a sweet Scarlet Crusade, Argent Dawn, Silver Hand, and other Paladin spells.
Hey man idea behind this missile was to create something similar to Penance priest spell ability from world of warcraft :) but dont think too much about its name, its just some kind of holy missile which you can use however you want ;)

Level 5
I looked up the word Penance. It has three meanings...
  1. An act of self-mortification or devotion performed voluntarily to show sorrow for a sin or other wrongdoing.
  2. A sacrament in some Christian churches that includes contrition, confession to a priest, acceptance of punishment, and absolution.
  3. Penitence; repentance.
My question is: how does this relate to the Penance spell, and what does it do exactly? Does your character cast this on oneself, or do you case it on another unit?
One thing for certain, though, is that it looks like a sweet Scarlet Crusade, Argent Dawn, Silver Hand, and other Paladin spells.
It is based on a priest spell in World of Warcraft

Level 6
Truly? Is there any tutorial for that in the Hive?
BlzSetSpecialEffectZ(whichEffect, z)
BlzSetSpecialEffectY(whichEffect, y)
BlzSetSpecialEffectX(whichEffect, x)
BlzSetSpecialEffectPitch(whichEffect, pitch)
BlzSetSpecialEffectRoll(whichEffect, roll)
BlzSetSpecialEffectYaw(whichEffect, yaw)

in combination with periodic timed trigger should do the trick