• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

pause and unpause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
guys... ill post the same thing i posted at "introduction"... please someone help me...
couze when i order unpause the unit it doesnt happen... and i dunno why...

here is the trigger:

skill
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Feral hunt
Actions
Unit - Pause (Target unit of ability being cast)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Human\AerialShackles\AerialShacklesTarget.mdl
Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 100.00 towards 180.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by 100.00 towards 270.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Phanter locust) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast))
Wait (0.75 x (Real((Level of Feral hunt for (Triggering unit))))) seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Phanter locust) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
Unit - Unpause (Target unit of ability being cast)

obs: the unit im creating is a copy of the caster... but whitout the skills and it has locust and is invunerable, and sorry for my bad english .

Level 2
It has many leaks. you should set the target unit in a variable first.

hmm... it think its the first time someone answer me... but... u say crate a unit type variable for the target and then order pause and then unpause "thevariable"[1] ?:con:

thx, laiozatt:grin:

Level 13
ok then, but you should fix those leaks I told you about. Before creating those Phanter Locusts you should save the position where you are creating them to a variable first. Then use that variable to create the units then remove the variable. Leaks can make your computer lag and it causes server split on lan games. If you don't want its ok, but just a reminder. ^^

Level 2
i did it...

ok then, but you should fix those leaks I told you about. Before creating those Phanter Locusts you should save the position where you are creating them to a variable first. Then use that variable to create the units then remove the variable. Leaks can make your computer lag and it causes server split on lan games. If you don't want its ok, but just a reminder. ^^

i create a variable of type point... and then Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at (Phanter_point offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees

like this?... thx
(obs: Set Phanter_point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) )

Level 2
i did it...

i create a variable of type point... and then Unit - Create 1 Phanter locust for (Triggering player) at (Phanter_point offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees) facing (Facing of (Target unit of ability being cast)) degrees

like this?... thx
(obs: Set Phanter_point = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) )

Status
Not open for further replies.