• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Path to Ruin

Path to Ruin

Map Information
- 4 Goldmines (2 beginning, 2 expansions) 12500 Gold
- 4 Green Camps
- 6 Orange Camps
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Fountains of Mana
- 2 Goblin Laboratories

Author's Notes
Yet another attempt of melee map, probably the last if not approved. The basic idea of the map is to make the Players clash early for experience, gold and items. I've placed the Fountains close to the expansions which makes it easier to defend.
The map may not be completely simmetrical, but I don't think it affects the gameplay in this case

228927-albums6424-picture73519.png

-Update 1: Fixed starting positions
-Update 2: Fixed creep camps, improved the terrain a bit

Keywords:
Melee,Path,To,Ruin,Path to Ruin,Melee,Melee,Path,To,Ruin,Path to Ruin,Melee,Melee,Path,To,Ruin,Path to Ruin,Melee,Melee,Path,To,Ruin,Path to Ruin,Mele
Contents

Path to Ruin (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet18:56, 31st Aug 2013 Map Approved Path to Ruin (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet18:56, 31st Aug 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Path to Ruin (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"The creep difficulty, player regions, and proper neutral buildings are in place and well executed, although each creep camps is a bit too near to the player's base I suggest you move them a little bit farther from each places to prevent collision."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is lacking while the map's gameplay mechanics is a fit, you could have just expand the trees, cliffs, and doodad decorating a bit more."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 6
Thanks for the suggestion. But wouldn't it be easier to just replace the starting positions with the expansions? Never the less, I will get to it.

Edit: Updated: Fixed starting positions
Note: I tested Humans' Militias. They don't have enough time to destroy the base (almost below half of the duration once they reach the Tavern). And also, the minimap preview doesn't seem to work, check the Map Preview screenshot.

Last edited:
Level 13
Comment

Very good description, nice screens and cool map.

Terrain

80% of terrain is fleat, please fix this. The Foutain of health if to near to start loc.

Gameplay

A simple melee map.

Final Rating:

Terrain:3/5
Gameplay:4/5
Comment:4/5

FINAL RATING:
4/5

Suggestions
-Remuve the foutains
-Make terrain lees flat
-Put the creeps in camp mode (Importaint)
-Smoothen the shores.

GIFT

1/5=no rep
2/5=no rep
3/5=no rep
4/5=no rep
5/5=1 rep

Rating 4/5=no rep

Vote for: Need Fix

Symmetry is fine. Terrain is a bit flat. Nice setting and theme, I like the farm. Sharp terrain and blizzard cliffs are ok with me but there is nothing really that makes this any better than a blizzard map. Overall fairly decent. 3/5 + rep. Could use some polishing and an improved description but I vote for approval.