• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.29 Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Hello, everyone. In this thread, I will be listing all of the issues that I have located in Patch 1.29 for Sunken City. This will help the Blizzard team identify the issues and hopefully resolve them. If anyone can contribute, feel free to report anything to find that I didn't include in my own list, but make sure to be as detailed as possible! Thanks!

1.29 Bug Reports
  • Reducing the remaining cooldown of an ability doesn't work for me when using the following action:
    [trigger=""]Unit - For Unit Footman 0042 <gen>, Set cooldown of ability Roar, Level: 1 to ((Ability Cooldown Remaining of Footman 0042 <gen> for ability Roar) - 1.00)[/trigger], regardless of what the event is. In my test map, I have a pre-placed Footman and I want to reduce the cooldown of his Roar by 1 second every time he attacks for example. Or when I type a message. Or when I cast a spell. None of the events work.
  • As soon as the Loading Screen ends and the game starts, there is a cinematic that normally plays that can be skipped. In the PTR of 1.29.1, the cinematic takes an unusually long time to start - an issue that didn't exist previously. If you wait long enough, the cinematic starts playing out as it should. Important to notice is that after optimizing the map with the Wc3 Map Optimizer, the cinematic plays out normally.
  • Black borders during Loading Screen, supposedly because of the Widescreen changes.
    LS.png
  • Black borders affect interface elements such as Multiboard Position & Game messages Position.
    Position.png

Last edited:

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
If your default setting for Set Ally Color is Mode 3 and you pick Necromancer, the Hero glow will have an incorrect color.
unknown.png

If you change it from Mode 3 into any other mode, the color will be revert, even if you change back to Mode 3.
unknown.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
At least for the Damage Engine the Neutral player stuff has been fixed. It needs an update to 2 lines of Damage Engine in the Init function and 1 line to Unit Indexer in the Init Function (or juat copy the triggers from the updated Damage Engine map).

The floating text is part of the demo map but not Damage Engine itself. The text was merely to illustrate an example for what can be done, but i don't know enough about how this may have changed in 1.29. If I change the demo text for 1.29 it may break earlier versions.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
When you load a saved game, you as the host will be placed in the correct player position that was in the saved game. But other people who join it will always be placed in the Red player position. If the Red player position has already been taken (by you or by the 2nd player who joins the save game), other people who try to join later will be kicked out, because the game attempts to place them at the Red player position, which is already taken.

This happens for both for saved games on BattleNet and LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.